Minimalism is a style. Today trend, minimalism is particularly suitable for small spaces. But beware, minimalism does not mean without decoration and without taste! Simple decoration, light furniture and space saving perfectly define the minimalist style.
To create a minimalist decor, three elements must be taken into account:
- The materials (stone, wood, fabric, all in lightness)
- Objects that must be primarily functional and allow storage
- The very light colors in pale hues, the decor being matched to the color of the walls.
A minimalist decor is particularly suitable for small spaces with limited, functional furniture, with storage possibilities to let only the essentials. The furniture is low to give an impression of space and the storage is often integrated or concealed inside the furniture. These must blend into the room.
) (source: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/475692779369859322/ )
Limit the number of furniture. The furniture must however be sufficient and comfortable.
- Avoid the accumulation of accessories and decorations on the walls. They weigh down the atmosphere and shrink the visual space. However, you can choose an imposing wall decoration to have on a large wall to give style to your interior.
- Bring as much light as you can, be it electric or both! Avoid the big chandeliers or suspensions and prefer the ceiling lights or spots. Nomadic lighting can adapt and move as you go.
Choose light and neutral colors. The white, gray and beige are ideal to give an impression of space and keep the light.
Here are some ideas: